Best Maryland Sportsbooks November 2023
Maryland sports betting is LIVE! Maryland's regulators are finished with their work and now sportsbooks are live and online in Maryland!
The Fanatics Sportsbook app is available in Maryland! This is one of a handful of states in which Fanatics is live. Sign up now to unlock the offer: Bet $10+, Get $40 in Bonus Bets (up to $200) over your first 5 Days!
(Offer note: you must wager $10 in real money for five straight days to receive the full $200 in FanCash ($40 in FanCash per day) after registering for your account. That FanCash can be redeemed as Bonus Bets.)
Hope is here: (800)-327-5050 or gamblinghelplinema.org. Must be 21+. Play it Smart from the Start. http://GameSenseMA.com Please play responsibly, for help visit mdgamblinghelp.org or call 1-800-GAMBLER GAMBLING PROBLEM? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (OH) or Call or Text the Tennessee REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN) GAMBLING PROBLEM? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (KY)
BetMGM is live with its massively popular sportsbook in Maryland, and users can obtain an Exclusive Offer: Get Your First Deposit Matched up to $1,500 in Bonus Bets!! Just use code INSIDER1500 to sign up!
BETFRED IS LIVE!
Betfred, a well-known provider of legal betting in the UK, is now available in Maryland!
CAESARS IS LIVE!
Caesars Sportsbook is live with a new offer offer for users in Maryland. New users can sign up now for a one, two punch of an offer:
Get up to $1,000 Back in Bonus Bets if Your First Bet Doesn't Win!! Sign up above or use code INSIDER1000.
FANDUEL LAUNCH IS LIVE!
Now that Maryland has launched mobile sports betting, you can get this offer: Bet $5, Get $150 in Bonus Bets if You Win!! Make sure to sign up now and get your name in, because this offer will expire!
POINTSBET LIVE NOW!
Now that betting is live in MD, PointsBet is coming - Play at PointsBet Today - Now a Fanatics Experience!! Make sure to sign up now!
BEST MARYLAND SPORTSBOOKS
|Perfected in the UK, making waves in the US
|Fast processing of payouts, hundreds of betting options
|#1 market leader in the US, tons of value
|Household name in betting now across multiple online markets
|DFS expert now offering legal sports betting in multiple states
As of 11/15/2023, Maryland online sports betting is live!
In addition to those listed above, there are other online sportsbooks set to launch in Maryland.
STATE OF MARYLAND SPORTSBOOKS
Each month a new report comes out of handle (amount of money in accepted wagers), gross revenue, taxes, leading sportsbooks, etc. The latest data from Maryland Gaming is from September 2023.
|💰 Total Handle
|🏦 Gross Revenue
Come check out other states' sports betting handle and revenue.
- Is Sports Betting Legal in MD?
- History of Sports Betting in Maryland
- Sports Betting News in MD
- Most Likely Maryland Betting Sites & Features
- Maryland Sports Team Odds
- Events and Betting Markets
- Betting on Pro Sports Teams in Maryland
- Common Payment Options
- Best Maryland Sportsbooks - FAQ
IS SPORTS BETTING LEGAL IN MARYLAND?
Yes! On the 3rd of November 2020, almost two million voters approved the Maryland Sports Betting Expansion Measure. This referendum open the floor for a law allowing residents to bet on sports and other competitive events at licensed establishments, and you can now bet online in MD!
After much debate, HB 940 became that law. At first, the bill was written in such a way as to give priority to existing operators, which many lawmakers and citizens disapproved. New amendments to the bill included specific language to give minority and women-owned businesses priority and award grants to support diverse ownership, which has required an exhaustive disparity study to be done to make sure the playing field is being leveled for all interested parties. But now, betting is fully live!
OTHER BETTING IN MD
Apart from the exciting introduction of sports betting, residents of the Free State also have access to other forms of legalized gambling. For starters, you can bet on pari-mutuel horse racing, which Maryland has allowed since the 1870’s. However, keep in mind that greyhound racing isn’t permitted.
In 1972, a constitutional referendum approved the state lottery, and it’s been in operation ever since. Although you can’t purchase tickets online, you can buy scratch-offs. Furthermore, you can also play bingo.
In addition, there are six land-based casinos you can visit in Maryland. Hollywood Casino Perryville was the first establishment to open in 2010. Now, it boasts more than 2,000 slots and 150 table games, along with an exclusive World Series of Poker room. Here’s a full list of the casinos that allow betting in Maryland:
- Hollywood Casino Perryville
- Horseshoe Casino Baltimore
- Live! Casino & Hotel
- MGM National Harbor
- Ocean Downs
- Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Similar to sports betting, playing at online casinos isn’t legal yet. However, you can visit sweepstakes sites that offer all the perks of a normal casino operator - without the addition of real money. Instead, you can win coins and exchange them for gift cards or cash prizes.
MARYLAND RETAIL CASINOS WITH AN MD SPORTS BETTING LICENSE:
Several casinos have partnered for sports betting licenses in MD, including:
- Maryland Live! (with FanDuel)
- MGM National Harbor (with BetMGM)
- Horseshoe Casino (with Caesars)
- Ocean Downs Casino (with Penn National)
RETAIL SPORTS BETTING IN MARYLAND
📜 HISTORY OF SPORTS BETTING IN MARYLAND
Legalized gambling has taken many forms in the Old Line State. Let's take a look at some key dates in MD's sports betting history:
- November 23, 2022: Maryland sports betting is live and online for eligible users!
- 2022: Online sportsbooks will go live by November 23, 2022!
- 2021: Governor Larry Hogan signs legalized sports betting into law.
- 2020: Maryland voters indicate their preference to be allowed to legally bet on sports on a ballot referendum.
- 2018: The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act is deemed unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court, essentially making legal sports betting a states' rights issue and leaving betting up to each state to legalize and regulate.
- 2008: Slot machines become legal in MD.
- 1972: A constitutional referendum legalizes the state lottery.
MARYLAND BETTING SITES & FEATURES
|Loyalty Rewards Program
HB 940 has provision for 60 online licenses, so we may see the playing field open up even more than our preferred Maryland sportsbooks above.
- In-Play Betting: One of the best features of mobile sportsbooks is the ability to bet on in-game events as they happen. Look for online sportsbooks with in-play or Live betting for some of the most exciting action in betting!
- Live Streaming: The only thing better than betting on the game is watching the game, and if your preferred sportsbook lets you do both right from the website or app, all the better.
- Parlays: No sportsbook worth its salt should be missing parlay betting, which is the #1 way to maximize your payout potential. Not for the novice bettor, parlays are a staple feature of the top sportsbooks in Maryland.
- Same Game Parlays: Even more complicated and sometimes with better outcomes, same or single game parlays let you group your bets together on one event.
- Prop Bets: Proposition bets are a common add-on for many a betslip, and Live/In-Play Betting features prop bets heavily.
- Loyalty Rewards Program: You're spending your money, why not get some bonuses because of it? Look for Rewards or Loyalty Programs on our preferred sportsbooks for even more value.
- Mobile app: The world uses mobile more than any other device to browse the web and interact with friends near and far, and if an online sportsbook isn't also giving you the ability to bet on the go, then it has to go.
? Some other key features you should look out for:
- Solid welcome offer: This is the bread and butter of any sports bettor: look for a good opening promotion when you sign up for the first time, and you'll have a bunch of extra betting credit to start you off on the right foot.
- Safety and customer service: Every sportsbook we recommend offers Responsible Gambling help, has a responsive customer service team, and protects users' cash and identity with high-level encryption and authentication.
We're looking forward to any number of established and new operators to offer a sportsbook in the state. Here’s a list of some of the most popular online sports betting operators that might get the chance to start a betting adventure in Maryland.
This well-known brand in the online world of gambling is available for both online and mobile users. The trusted brand name is not the only thing that makes BetMGM attractive to thousands of users. BetMGM offers a competitive rewards program, a great selection of offers and available markets, and an eye-catching platform that is easy to use whether you're a novice or a pro.
Caesars is one of the most well-known online bookmakers in the world. So, describing it as one of the top sports betting sites won’t come as a shock to anyone. A good range of markets and impeccable live streaming service combined with stellar promotions and quick customer support makes Caesars one of the best sportsbooks available.
The ESPN BET promo code is now available in Maryland, and it will net you a ton of bonuses!
This new sportsbook is packed with modern features and all the betting markets you'd expect from such a big name.
This Aussie bookmaker is becoming a staple in the US online sportsbook market, and it's for good reason: the platform offers a ton of new and exciting features including PointsBetting, which pays out higher for a more accurate pick on your totals or spread bets. Get online with PointsBet in MD today for a ton of value!
BetRivers is making strides in legal betting markets all across the country, and that includes Maryland. While there's no hard launch date set for betting sites in MD, BetRivers' parent company Rush Street Interactive (RSI) is making deals to offer betting in the Free State ASAP.
Users in other states can get online with the following offer: ! It's expected that the same offer will be available in Maryland as soon as it's live.
DraftKings is one of the most famous daily fantasy sports betting platforms. With this brand, users can participate in daily, weekly, and season-long fantasy sports contests. There are dozens of different sports that you could choose from to enter contests, and every one of these sports has unique options, too.
DraftKings also offers a full-fledged sportsbook in eligible states. We're expecting DraftKings to soon be available in MD, as this expansion-hungry powerhouse in the betting world never seems to take long to enter a new market.
FanDuel Maryland is one of the most successful daily fantasy and sportsbook websites in the U.S. Daily fantasy games and real money bets are available for a bunch of sports, including NFL, MLB, NBA and NCAA basketball. The contests include tournaments, leagues, head-to-head challenges and 50/50s.
The operator also provides a great selection of promotions for new users to attract them and for its existing users to keep them. Rewards Center is also one of the brand’s good points. Users earn FanDuel MD points for each contest that can be redeemed for special rewards and help them move forward on their journey.
Thanks to a partnership with the Meadowlands Racetrack in NJ, FanDuel Sportsbook saw the light of the day too. Now, it’s one of the leading top online betting sites in the Garden State and elsewhere.
Long Shot's of Frederick, Maryland is the license partner for this stellar UK-based book that's now available in a number of states. This sportsbook platform isn't a huge name yet in the US, but they're offering a ton of value on all of your favorite leagues right now. Don't forget to get online with our links (unless you want to miss out on some bonuses)!
FANATICS SPORTSBOOK MARYLAND PARTNERS WITH WASHINGTON COMMANDERS
Fanatics, the well-known clothing line that's on every third commercial when you're watching the game, is now in the sports betting space! Fanatics Sportsbook partnered with the Washington Commanders to bring legal bets to MD!
Thanks to a partnership with the Baltimore Orioles, SuperBook obtained license approval in the Old Line State. Stay tuned for more updates regarding launch!
Updated on : 11/15/2023
EVENTS AND BETTING MARKETS
From national sports events to hometown team games, Maryland is bursting with spectator and gambling opportunities. You can enjoy professional and college-level sports like football, baseball, horse racing, basketball, lacrosse, and motocross, to name a few.
If you want to participate in MD sports betting, keep an eye out for the most popular events. Apart from giving you more opportunities to bet on different markets, these sports allow you to immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere.
Updated on : 11/15/2023
POPULAR MARYLAND EVENTS
Here’s a brief overview of the top sports betting events:
- Watch the Baltimore Orioles at one of the best ballparks, Oriole Park at Camden Yards.
- Cheer on the Baltimore Ravens at the M&T Bank Stadium.
- Check out the Washington Commanders at the FedEx Field in Landover.
- Show some love to the ladies at Baltimore Burn when they play at Patterson Park in Baltimore.
- Bet on horse racing at the Pimlico Race Course with the Preakness Stakes.
- Visit Laurel Park for the annual Jim McKay Maryland Million Day.
- Enjoy the high-octane basketball action of the Maryland Terrapins or the Lady Terps.
- Watch major league lacrosse with the Chesapeake Bayhawks at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
Now that you can finally bet on the above events in MD, take a look at an overview of common bet types:
COMMON TYPES OF BETS
- Moneyline betting: The most straightforward of all bets, just place a bet on who you think will win.
- Point spread betting: Betting on the difference in points between teams.
- Parlays and Accumulators: These types of bets allow you to join multiple wagers onto one ticket. If all your picks hit, you get a sizable payout.
- Totals: Betting on the total score added up by both teams; also called over/under betting.
- Prop betting: Prop bets allow users to place bets on things that don't affect the outcome of the final, like "first to score a TD".
- Live Betting: One of the most novel, modern ways to bet, live betting allows you to play prop bets
MOST POPULAR SPORTS TO BET ON
Of course, the NFL is one of the most popular sports in the United States and the same goes for betting. Some of the other common choices include the following sports:
Of course, everything depends on the bettors’ taste. Somewhere some sports are more popular than others and vice versa. We have also noticed that fantasy sports betting is quite a thing nowadays. This type of entertainment has really turned into a worldwide phenomenon.
COMMON PAYMENT OPTIONS
Different operators provide different payment options. The most important thing is to find an operator providing safe and secure money transactions and all top sports betting sites we have mentioned here do.
Credit and debit cards are among the most popular payment methods at online sports betting sites. Electronic wallets are also some of the popular options, especially recently. Among some other methods, we have seen PayPal, Direct Bank Transfers, Prepaid cards and cryptocurrencies available.
BETTING ON PRO SPORTS TEAMS IN MARYLAND
There are many professional teams with roots anchored in Maryland. Let’s look at some of the top names and examine the various sports betting opportunities.
NFL BETTING IN MARYLAND
In the Old Line State, football is king. Two National Football League teams hail from Maryland, along with multiple college-level teams. As a result, you can look forward to various betting markets at Maryland sportsbooks now that MD is live, including point spreads, moneylines, parlays, teasers, props, and futures.
Washington Commanders and Baltimore Ravens
The Washington Commanders play at the FedExField Stadium, while the Baltimore Ravens call M&T Bank Stadium home. Up until 1983, the Baltimore Colts also played in Maryland before relocating to Indianapolis.
NBA BETTING IN MARYLAND
The National Basketball Association is one of the most-watched leagues in the US. Thus, it’s no surprise that it’s also a top choice to wager on. You can expect a flurry of activity in this market now that MD online sports betting is legal.
Here’s a glimpse at some of the basketball betting opportunities that Maryland online sportsbooks will likely allow: moneylines, point spreads, over/under, props, futures, and much more.
Since there are no professional basketball teams in Maryland, many people often look to the neighboring states’ sports scene for inspiration. So, if you want to participate in NBA betting in Maryland, your best bet is to go with the Washington Wizards.
Here’s a fun fact: the Wizards initially began playing in Maryland, where they gained the name Baltimore Bullets.
NHL BETTING IN MARYLAND
The National Hockey League is another prime example of a popular sporting event. There's a plethora of betting opportunities for this market at Maryland betting sites. Here, some of the most common markets include moneylines, point spreads, over/under, futures, props, and more.
Similar to the story of the NBA, Maryland doesn’t boast any NHL teams. If you want to bet on a top-rated side, we suggest checking out the Washington Capitals. If you want to dip your toe in collegiate teams, the heavyweight names include Towson University and Stevenson University.
MLB BETTING IN MARYLAND
Maryland boasts one MLB team and several college teams. If you want to bet on baseball, you can find the following markets available at Maryland sportsbooks: moneylines, handicaps, total runs, props, futures, and much more.
Established in 1901, the Orioles have been based in Baltimore since 1954. The franchise is part of the Eastern Division in the American League. If you want to bet on the MLB, this will be a team to look out for on Maryland betting sites.
MARYLAND DAILY FANTASY SPORTS (DFS)
Maryland also offers Daily Fantasy Sports, a fun, contest-based alternative to online sports betting. If you are still looking for ways to make picks and use your knowledge of your favorite teams other than your typical sports betting, try signing up with our links below!
BEST MARYLAND SPORTSBOOKS FAQ
IS SPORTS BETTING LEGAL IN MARYLAND?
Yes! Sports betting has been legal and online in Maryland since November 23, 2022.
ARE MARYLAND SPORTS BETTING SITES SAFE?
Yes! All of the best Maryland sportsbooks that we list here are fully regulated by the Maryland Lottery and protected by industry-standard encryption software.
HOW MANY ONLINE SPORTSBOOKS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN MARYLAND?
There are up to 60 licenses available in Maryland for operators to purchase, giving them the right to offer legal sportsbooks statewide.
IS DRAFTKINGS SPORTS BETTING LEGAL IN MARYLAND?
Yes, DraftKings Sportsbook will be licensed in Maryland and is already available for DFS.
WHICH SPORTSBOOKS WORK IN MARYLAND?
BetMGM, Caesars Sportsbook, FanDuel, and PointsBet all have received online sports betting licenses in MD. More are expected to enter the market soon.
WHAT KIND OF GAMBLING DOES MARYLAND ALLOW?
Currently, you can bet on sports, horse racing, play at one of six land-based casinos, and participate in daily fantasy sports. Additionally, you can enter the state lottery or visit sweepstakes sites, an alternative to real money Maryland betting sites. Sportsbooks are our choice for the most exciting form of legal gambling in the state-- bet responsibly!
WHICH SPORTSBOOK HAS THE HIGHEST PAYOUT?
All of our recommended sportsbooks including BetMGM, Caesars Sportsbook, and more all offer competitive payouts. However, it's important to note: if a sportsbook claims that their payouts are higher than the competition, they might not be reputable. Make sure to only bet with sites recommended by VegasInsider, and sign up using our links and bonus codes!
FINAL THOUGHTS ON BETTING IN MARYLAND
After years of waiting, sports betting is finally a reality in MD. 60 licenses are available, with some eligible operators already rolling with legal betting in crab country!